The school has four sub-committees in total and it is expected that each committee meet in weeks 2 and 6 of each term:
Parents & Friends
Contact Person: Christine van Gemert- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning, promoting & organising all fundraising events & activities to provide financial assistance to develop school’s facilities & teaching resources.
- Assisting with other school events as required.
- Setting up roster for washing of sick room bedding.
- Lost property
- Runs Second Hand Uniform Shop
Contact Person: Elle Millard - Richard.Roberts848@schools.sa.edu.au
- Monitor Canteen finance
- Assist the Canteen Manager with coming up with new ideas for Special Day lunches & other ways to promote the Canteen.
- Pass on Governing Council feedback to the Canteen Manager
- As employer of the Canteen Manager, ensure their contract is up to date.
After Hours Sport
Contact Person: Leeanne Hackett - FlagstaffSportsCoordinator.Sports671@schools.sa.edu.au
- The largest role of the After Hours Sports Committee is to support the Convenors.
- Each sport has a Convenor.
- The convenor is responsible for organising coaches, umpires and distributing sports forms around the school and then placing children in teams.
- They submit the team through the appropriate association, and support coaches throughout the season.
- They are also responsible for organising Presentation events.
- Fundraising for After Hours School sport. This goes towards purchasing new equipment and uniforms.
- Sports section of the Newsletter.
- The Committee consists of the Sports Convenor who oversees all Sports, individual Convenor and PE teacher.
OSHC (Out of School Hours Care)
Contact Person: Cathy Morrallee- email@example.com
- Assist Governing Council in meeting relevant Australian & South Australian Government legislation & standards.
- Support & assist the Governing Council, Principal & OSHC Director to ensure that the quality of care being offered is in keeping with the values, principles & policies of the school, council, community & DECD.
- Advocate for, represent & ensure that children, families & staff have a voice in the management of the OSHC service.
- Support & assist the OSHC Director & staff on a day-to-day basis.
- The Committee consists of Principal, a member of Governing Council, any parent users of service and the OSHC Director.
If you would like more information on any of the roles of committee members, please contact Narelle Hodgson, our Governing Council Chairperson via the school on 8270 1744