Pastoral Care Worker
At Flagstaff Hill Primary School, students and parents have access to our on-site Pastoral Care Worker, Sarah Ross-Woolhouse.
As a PCW Sarah works across the school from Reception to Year 7. Her calming nature, empathy and thoughtfulness provide a strong sense of wellbeing to everyone she works with.
Sarah’s roles within the school are varied. She can often be seen working with students, families or staff in a variety of programs including:
- Social skills program “what’s the buzz”.
- Addressing changes to family life “seasons for growth”
- Dealing with emotional upheavals
- Working with students with alternative family lifestyles
- Supporting families as a link between government agencies and the family
- Supporting students, families and staff over the loss of a loved one
Sarah is trained and equipped to provide the school with a unique dimension of social, emotional and inclusive support in line with the DfE wellbeing framework.
Parents can telephone the school to make an appointment, contact Sarah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the post box in the Front Office.